Nowadays with so much insecurity and financial difficulty, We do everything to not have damage. But worse than having a stolen car, is to have a family member in trouble in that car, God knows where. With a Tracker you won't be able to stop this from happening, but at least you can search and send help knowing the exact location of the vehicle.
Obviously this pseudo peace of mind comes at a cost. The Tracker you buy by R$ 150,00 em media, already maintaining a telephony Chip with data packet leaves around R$ 10,00 monthly, using or M2M system (Machine to Machine). And there, worth it or not? Well, Each knows where the calo squeeze, What deserves to be protected. But as they say “just no use putting the lock after door broken”. I decided to try ;)
There are Trackers personal effects and vehicles. In my case, I bought a TK103A (Coban), because the idea was to put in the car to monitor certain paths of family. But the problem is that when one acquires a GPS Tracker, Nobody wants to be sending commands and receiving the coordinates in SMS (text). This is boring! You want to see “the thing” on a map, in real time. So come on!
I tested three systems of online maps for trackers. All functioned to the satisfaction:
1) Gps-Trace (Orange – Free).
2) TrackerHome (“1 Server”: IP 220.127.116.11 – Free).
3) CorvusGPS (Paid – $0.02/day)
Were two STEPS that will be described below:
1) Tracker configuration (In the case, the TK103)
2) Site Configuration/Web System that captures the coordinates to assemble maps.
I will demonstrate the configuration using the GPS-Trace, TrackerHome and CorvusGPS, It is your discretion choose, but I strongly recommend you use a M2M and GPS-Chip Trace.
Before you begin, I believe that your Tracker (TK103A Device) is already in full operation, IE, accepting commands via SMS sent by the Administrator's phone, that is you =)
If you have not already done so, take a look at this TK103 manual in Portuguese. Basically you just need to add your mobile number authorizing the Tracker to receive and send messages.
So that everything works, make sure that your Chip has text messaging plan (SMS) and data (Internet) enabled. You can test this by placing your Chip (the Tracker) in a cell phone, auditioning for sending SMS and navigation before placing it in the Tracker to start the settings.
When you go ask a technician to install your Tracker in the car, make sure he's going to put the antenna of GPS and GSM antenna that comes in the Tracker, a suitable place inside the car.
It has to be a strategic location so that the solid parts/car metal will not cause interference and reduce the satellite signal (GPS) and telephony (GSM). Otherwise, the trace will be flawed because the tracker can't get (GPS) and transmit (GSM) the geographical coordinates data correctly and the Preview on the map will be impaired (unreliable).
In YouTube There are some videos explaining where best to position the antenna.
Step 1 – Tracker configuration
– This setting refers to the Tracker TK103A, While it may work on other similar models.
– For demonstration purpose, We will use the default password that is 123456, but you can change it if you want (See the above-mentioned manual).
– When typing, use the uppercase/lowercase letters exactly as shown in each command.
– Put the car in a place your open (not inside the garage)
I will list all commands sequentially and, the after, explain them. So here is a complete configuration of the tracker TK103 using M2M Chip of Vivo and GPS Maps-Trace. Send the following SMS messages from your mobile phone to the number of chip Tracker:
admin123456 5561983030102 //authorizes your cell phone to send commands. Returns: "admin ok!" password123456 112233 //change the password of 123456 for 112233. Choose a password with 6 digits begin112233 //Returns: "begin ok!" GPRS112233 //Returns: "GPRS OK!" adminip112233 18.104.22.168 20558 Smart APN112233.M2M.alive.with.BR up112233 alive alive //Returns: "user,password ok!" fix030 s***n112233
As said, above I used the GPS configuration-Trace + M2M Live. Below, I'll leave ready some other combinations of settings, If you choose another server maps and other carrier (chip). We have six examples, choose only one! Set if you are going to use the GPS-Trace, TrackerHome or CorvusGPS and, from your cell phone, send the following SMS messages from your mobile phone to the number of chip Tracker:
1)Gps-Trace + M2M Live
4)Gps-Trace + Tim
2)TrackerHome + M2M Live
5)TrackerHome + Tim
3) CorvusGPS + M2M Live
6)CorvusGPS + Tim
Description of commands
|begin123456||Do a reset on every setting to factory default|
|GPRS123456||Configures the Tracker for GPRS mode (the default is SMS). This causes messages to be sent to a server on the Internet instead of text messages (SMS)|
|Apn123456 tim.br||Configure the APN for your GPRS. Access Point Name (APN) allows you to connect to your Internet provider. This setting depends on the Chip you are using. You can consult this list with all the APN: https://www.followmee.com/APNList.aspx|
|adminip123456 22.214.171.124 9000||Configures the IP and port of the map provider. Here you should choose to use the GPS-Trace, TrackerHome or CorvusGPS, because each one has specific IP/port your.|
|up123456 tim tim||Configure the APN username and password GPRS connection||fix030 s *** n123456||Configure the time interval that the Tracker will report the coordinates. In this case, every 30 seconds.|
Step 2 – Maps Site configuration
To obtain the IMEI of your tracker (TK103), send the following SMS messages from your mobile phone to the number of chip Tracker:
imei123456 //123456 is the default password, or swap with your password. Returns: the IMEI number
If you chose to use the GPS-Trace, do the following:
1. Visit http://gps-trace.com/, and choose “Sign-In” and in “Create an account for free” to create an account.
2. Log in http://orange.gps-trace.com/ to start the configuration.
3. Click on the button “Activate” and fill in the fields:
– Name: Card or your car model,
– Type of device: GPS103-B,
– Unique ID: your IMEI number,
– Phone number: number of the chip inside the tracker (Ex: +556198761234),
– Device access password: Tracker password
4. When you save and close the previous screen, your Tracker will appear on the right side. If everything worked out, an icon will be green, displaying on a map the location of your Tracker.
Note: in my case, the icon just stayed active and crawling only appeared on the map after a few minutes, After that I went with the car.
If you still have questions, Watch the video of File Clêbson “HOW To REGISTER TK103 And TRACKER 303 ON THE SITE OF ORANGE”:
If you chose to use the TrackerHome, do the following:
1. Visit http://www.gpstrackerxy.com/, and choose Server1, and then click “Register” to create an account (Get the IMEI by sending an SMS to your Tracker with the command “imei123456”).
2. Log in and click the menu “System Settings > Terminal Management” to add your Tracker.
3. Click on the button “Add” and fill in the fields:
– IMEI In: your IMEI number,
– Name: Card or your car model, and
– Model: Choose Track
4. When you save and close the previous screen, your Tracker will appear on the left side. If everything worked out, an icon will be green balls, displaying on a map the location of your Tracker.
If you chose to use the CorvusGPS, do the following:
1. Visit https://corvusgps.com/ and create an account (Create a Free account).
2. Log in and click the “GPS Trackers”.
3. Add your Tracker (Tracker) by clicking the button “Add new GPS Tracker”:
– Select the device, in my case, the TK103
– Choose a name for the device, may be the trademark or license plate
– Enter the IMEI number of your Tracker
(Get the IMEI by sending an SMS to your Tracker with the command “imei123456”)
4. After you add your Tracker, Click the option “Show on map” and ready, will display a map and the position of your Tracker (car).
On the official website of CorvusGPS you find the user manual for TK102 and TK103 GPS Tracker.
Both sites offer other interesting settings, including various types of maps.
IMPORTANT: It is recommended that, After configuration, run some 5 the 15 minutes when the vehicle is only to facilitate the identification of the tracker by map servers (capture/data transmission).
Listen / Monitor
You can leave the Tracker on the way “Monitor” to listen everything in your surroundings.
Turn on listen
Send by SMS the command below and wait for the answer “Monitor Ok”. After this, make a call to the phone number of the Tracker and it will be possible to hear the environment.
And still, If you are using a real-time system WEB as TrackerHome or CorvusGPS, do:
This feature is interesting, because you are warned if the car get out of place :)
Activate motion alert
Send by SMS the command below and wait for the answer “Moves Ok”. If there is any movement, you will receive an SMS “Moves” with the coordinates.
Disable motion alert
M2M phone chip – Machine to Machine
You can use a common cell Chip with data packet, but don't advise, because it costs a lot, in both the prepaid monthly plan. In TIM, for example, keep a Chip will cost on average R$ 35,00.
If you want to keep a cheap chip in your tracker, M2M is undoubtedly the best option. In this mode (M2M) you will spend on average just R$ 10,00. As the M2M not normally comes with SMS package (Data only), It is good that you do the initial settings of the tracker with a Chip that has SMS, then just change. Tested it and it worked perfectly.
On the open market you find Unlimited M2m For Live Chip Tracker (Monthly Plan) the R$ 10,00.